Saturday, August 30, 2008

My trip to Hat Yai with Nokia 7390

Last year I'd been to Hat Yai, Thailand with my girlfriend's family. I did not own a DSLR at that time, and my old Canon Poershot A80 was broken by me, so the only camera I could rely was the humble pinhole camera in my Handphone, the Nokia 7390.

The camera in my handphone was, indeed, very simple. No more information other than 3 megapixel sensor and equip with Auto Focus function. I'm not sure about its lens.

But the image quality was fine if the light allows. In dark situation, noise problem would come. This, however, was nothing to be surprised of as its sensor size would be reasonably small in order to fit into a handphone.

Even activating the camera takes a considerable amount of time, which, as a result of, several great moment had been missed. Either it's due to my inefficiency, or, the camera was just too slow.

Text wouldn't be a good medium to express while pictures speaks a thousand words. So, here goes. 

WELCOME TO HAT YAI


This was taken on a temple which was located on top of a hill. While I can't be sure what this temple was named, but this temple's wall was covered with coins! Due to my camera's limitation, I did not intent to have a shot of it.

This was found on the roof of the temple i'd mentioned above. Not exactly sure what it's for, but i guess it's design was nice.

The street of Hat Yai. I personally loved this shot since it contain a very traditional medium, which is the dragon dance, while such view was contrasted by the marie france billboard above.

If you will, look closer to this shot and you would find a small dot of light behind the elephant! I was kind of surprised that they are concern of the animal's safety in the road too! It actually was a backlight for use in a bicycle. But instead of fixing it on the tube frame of a bicycle, it was fitted on the elephant's tail.

Again, this place was located on top of another hill. I'm not very sure why there are so much elephants statue here. But i guess they must be donated by the devotees. However, this temple was also located inside the city's park!

While on the top of the hill, there was massive elephant statue, at the mid hill, you could find this giant buddha statue. As you can see here, the statue was under going a restoration process!

Up the the last day, we had a little walk in local markets. While browsing around, i found this cat sleeping on those plastic wares which, surprisingly, are for sale! But it was just too comfortable to be awaken!

3 comments:

Henry Lee said...

Wahhh...not bad lar ur nokia 7390! Imagine you can be a pro photographer by using only a camera phone...lol :p

Kuntong said...

Camera ph cnt compare to dlsr la..
anyway, u still managed to get nice pics wit ur hp..
no bad

Sammuel_Chan said...

#re Henry: haha! cannot be lah. Handphone camera still lack of control over DOF. no matter how, it still can't beat a DSLR. Such camera can only be best in bright situation and the composition was flawless. But i guess the concept is very cool, pro photog with Nokia 7390 camera hahha

#re kuntong: sure not lah, i didn't have a DSLR at that time, so have to use this lur. but hey, thanks!!