Friday, August 22, 2008

Day 1=Photography to me




Wow, I finally started to do this after blogging has been around for sometime. I'm not pretty sure what to do about in here, but I have one aim in my mind through this blog. I wanted to let others see what I saw, what I think and what I felt by using photography. I'm not very very good at it, but trust me, I'm trying to improve! So i hope I could improve somehow! 

I find this hobby isn't that easy, why is that so? 1st, it's very expensive, heck I've already spend RM3000 on equipment, and I'm still very far behind of what a complete system! I did not realize this at first, not until I started taking a lot of pictures! I thought all I need was a camera body, 1 bundled lens, and viola!! I'm off shooting nice picture! 

NOT!! I realize that i needed more! The thing is, what is it that is missing? So I consult my fellow local forumers, some recommended according to my need, while others tell me to be happy of what I had, and even instruct me to remember that to take nice photographs, the photographers' skills was more fundamental than his equipment! Well, i find it true in my situation to a certain extend. Cuz I realise one thing, everything has its limit! And we just have to accept that. 

I remember when i bought my 1st lens, the Zuiko Digital 35mm. It had shown me what my kit lens is missing. B..O..K..E..H.. Simply that's the limit of my kit lens and I have to spend RM760 for it! And the result? Great macro! But it is also true that no matter how good your equipment is, if you don't have the skills, you are not going anywhere. I know a guy who has the money, and own several DSLR or different brand! This guys must be loaded! 

Sadly, his photographs.. my oh my.. it is just not worth the effort for me to describe. But I'm not saying my work is great or anything, I'm just trying to say that photography is not all about what camera you are using, or how creative you could be, its all about how well you could work with your camera.
Well, folks I hope this blog would be a good start to share my thoughts! Happy Shootin'!

4 comments:

Chuckie Cotton said...

tools and equipment was never the most important thing, I've seen ppl blinded with equipment. results are, they tend to blame to much on their tools and not using their available tools to it's limit.. maybe they manage to use only 30% of the lens.

btw, nice meeting you
CharlesKey

Doomsday said...

Yes, the photographer's skills is the best "equipment" after-all.
There are some people out there who thinks that great camera gives great pictures. Nyah... it ain't true.

The real meaning of photography comes from the heart not based on how expansive the camera nor the equipment it is...

Happy Photography ;)

Jia Hua said...

Yup, so I equip myself with tons of technical data of photography by reading books and stuff, hoping to improve on my photography.. :D

Anonymous said...

門鎖,數位電子門鎖,指紋密碼門鎖,

晶片感應門鎖
,遙控門鎖,相容悠遊卡RFID系統,

GATEMAN
,SAMSUNG,

GATE-EYE
,MILRE,