Monday, September 1, 2008

Night Blooming Cereus

Night Blooming cereus was a kind of flower that bloom only at night. To be exact, only in midnight. It was a cactus flower, and that cactus is the very same family as the cactus that provide us Dragon Fruit! I've googled around and found this was one of the types, as there are alot more different cereus.

I did not own a macro lens when i shot this. These was done with my 14-42mm kit lens with flash.

This was taken in the second night. Which i find, was the best. Too bad that i failed to realize the red stem as a distraction. Still newbie at that time. But i used my hand to create a slight shadow around the petals. So to emphasize the light to the middle of the flower.

This was another shot I got as a result of experimenting different angle. I dial the white balance slightly cooler to give a little blue mystifying effect.

I shot this in the 1st night. Its worst that the 2nd night. Trial n error mah ehehhe

As mentioned above, this was one of my 1st trial. Not very good indeed.
While it only blooms at midnight, it will die the next morning. This was taken around 8am. Such beauty last so fast..

1 comment:

Peter said...

yeahhh i got that at my house too...

the smell is nice when it is blooming ^_^